View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 06:57 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sometimes I feel like I'm reading someone speak of this up and coming prospect who's getting his first cracks at the NHL, or a guy like Weber or a bit better.

He is playing with Francis Bouillon on a 3rd pairing while Emelin is looking absolutely lost on his off wing.
He is used 53sec on the PK per game when he was our best PK player in the previous years either with Gill or Gorges. He is also 2sec short of being the least used Dman at Even Strength. That alone is already ridiculous.
Everytime he has the puck and goes in his ''PK mode'' where he would create some interesting things last year (granted, sometimes it lead nowhere and caused turnovers), he stops and goes for a simple pass or dump in.
He rarely goes up in the offensive zone anymore. He doesn't seem to look for those big major hits anymore. You never see him get in the opposition's face.

He plays a very calm and discreet game, or at least he's trying to.

He doesn't look like the PK of the two previous years, and I don't think this is coming from him.

Last year he was trying to do too much, now we have him do way to little, to the point where he looks confused at times.
Montreal is 13-4-3 They've cut their goals against down considerably. They're giving up way fewer shots. They're playing as a unit. It may not last, but it's working right now. PK is not bigger than the team. He knows it and accepts it, why can't the fans? He is doing the little things so much better. He isn't putting himself into near as many high risk situations. That results in fewer scoring chances, but also helps his team keep the puck out of the net. If we were down by one late in the third (except for the Bruins game, there hasn't been any time this season it's happened), the reigns may get loosened and he can take chances.
At some point we have to trust the staff to do the right thing.