View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
This sounds like some of the same brand of madness that afflicted a handful of Devils fans last year. The only real difference between now and when those players left Atlanta is that we have the ability to go an extra year in a sign and trade. You have no idea what that is worth to anyone. We have no reason to think that it breaks open some massive bidding war that sees, what was it, Schenn, Laughton, and a 1st being offered. That is a ridiculously Lindrossian expectation.
I actually flat out said I didn't think we'd see a monumental package, just better than what Kovy and Hossa got. And no, I don't know, it's all educated guessing at this point, but at least it's educated.

Oh, and the extra year is huge, believe that. Not as big as the original proposed 2 year advantage, but now that creativity has been stifled and the cap is dropping back a bit, any advantage is big. The NHL has never seen this before, but it influenced the NBA quite a bit, and it should drive the market. I wouldn't be shocked if the Ducks got a first or more likely second rounder for Perry in July, that's how much the extra year thing could change things in the NHL.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote