View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I really don't think Tatar is, at least not with either of Abs or Cleary on the other wing. The kid's been good, but he's also iffy with the 9-11 minutes he gets at ES now, and it's typically against the other team's lesser lines. If we were healthier, and/or at home where the matchups could be picked easier, I could see more of argument for it.
I think Tats has been better than iffy in his ES mins so far. And I think now, when we are really banged up, is the perfect time to give him a shot with Datsyuk. Honestly, if Babs isn't confident enough in Tatar to move him up the lineup with all the guys out, it's never happening when we are completely healthy and he has all of his favorite options (Cleary/Bert/Sammy) to call on.

He's a better offensive player than either wing currently "playing" with Pavel (and it's not even close), and his D seems average at worst to me. Again, it's not like anybody's hoping he unseats a guy like Hossa on the wing- this is DFC and Justin "Hands of Stone (in the scoring sense, not fighting)" Abdelkader we're talking about. I know that it is against the grain of the organization to put much trust in young players, but this year and this team seems like the obvious time to give it a shot.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote