View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Shrewd move by Calgary, they either get a proven young C or they force Colorado to pay more than they want for a player they have bad blood with. The 1st would be used to try and get a player who might turn out like O'Reilly anyway...
I think it's a terrible move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
ROR is a sure thing in the NHL, Jones may be in how many years? That relative certainty counts for a lot.
Calgary keeps trying to put off the rebuild and shoot for 8th. They are hurting themselves. They should deal Iggy, Kipper and Cammy and reload for the future. Esp with the draft being so deep this year they could clean up.

Instead they do this. Doesn't make sense to me. They already traded away their 2nd to us, this will leave them with no picks until the 4th round in the deepest draft in years.

Absolutely stupid move on their part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Either way, that top 5 pick was in play and we could have nailed it. There are a lot of different packages Montreal could have offered of comparable value, e.g. COLE+DESHARNAIS.
I said that pick was in play last year when we dealt Cammy and this proves it. Even if we had to add something... If Colorado matches we should be all over Calgary trying to get their first.

Problem is that apart from Markov, I don't know who we have left with any value that we'd want to deal.