View Single Post
Old
07-19-2006, 12:44 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
If you read Dryden' s book " The Game" you'll see what people thought of Mahovlich's fighting abilities. He was a notoriously poor fighter despite his size. Mario Tremblay once gave him a boxing lesson during a practice.

Without a doubt, Ferguson was the meanest and the toughest. Imagine a very very nasty Chris Nilan and you come close. The best fighter I ever saw. He didn't smile like Odelein, instead he looked like he wanted to kill you. It scared the heck out of people. I remember thinking it was a good thing he was on my team.
Duster,if I have it right, Peter and Mario, roomates at the time,actually got into it in a hotel in St.Louis. Went thru a window as the story goes.

Peter wasn't much of a fighter, though early in his career he was willing. At the time, the Jr.CH had a tough guy named Globensky, this guy could fight. The story was that Fergy was counselling Glob. on fighting and he lectured Peter that he had too much talent and would be stupid to wreck his hands fighting every 3rd game. That's the story I got anyways.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote