View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 08:04 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
OK. Then explain why Emelin is now getting thrown under the bus by some of the more vocal posters here.

If you need a little refresher, go to last night's GDT........

I like both Subban and Emelin on this team. One is not superior to the other. They are two unique players who bring something different to the Habs team.

There have been grumblings on this board regarding Subban being a "3rd pairing" DMan.

I look forward to your explanation.
I can only explain my own position, which is what I will endeavor to do.
My problem with your post was your assertion that the 2 opinions were not mutually exclusive.

I, like you, am fans of Subban and Emelin. They both bring skill and physicality to their position. I would like to see both with more time on the PP.

I see Subban as the player with more athleticism, creativity and potential. My personal opinion is that the coaches have gone too far in limiting his inherent way of approaching the game. I understand the need too get him to play more according to team strategy and less free-lancing. But his leash is too short IMO and this is causing him to hesitate before making a play rather than responding instinctively.

Fortunately the team is playing so well, this hamstringing is not causing broad issues. But I miss the R. Bourque type rushes and hope we will see them again before too long.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote