View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 07:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I don't think it's worth trading Bolland anymore. Looking around the league, the price for the 2c isn't going to get any lower and Bolland's value is shrinking by the month. I've wanted Bolland gone for a long time but I think he's at the point now it's better to just gamble on him being healthy for the playoffs and keeping quality depth with the skaters. I don't want them to rely on a bunch of skaters with less than 100 games next year. 8 nhl defensemen is a must, and that should be addressed right after extending Leddy.

Still a little early to gauge what Stalberg will be worth. Frolik probably has to be dumped and Olesz bought out. I'm not sure the best move would be to buyout Montador right away, might want to hang on to a buyout for a while.

My opinions on Bickell, Emery, and Roszival aren't set, and I'm not sure where they're priced yet. The goalie market will be a little more wild next year.
Each team has 2 compliance buyouts. If you don't use it this summer (2013), you have to use it next summer or they'll expire (essentially). If Montador and Olesz are both healthy, they'll both be compliance boughtout. The only way Montador isn't bought out is if, for some reason, a team wants to trade for him.. but, given his concussion history, that would likely scare away teams looking to get to the cap floor because it serves them no good to have Montador on LTIR.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote