View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Picaroon

vCash: 500
I really , really feel like MB is going for Perry hard. Especially after that Cole trade. It'd be awesome if he could unload Gionta too. Retain say, 40% of his salary. Maybe use him with Eller, Leblanc/Beaulieu and a conditional pick for Perry at the deadline. I think that's a pretty solid package. I'd only do it if he promised to resign though obviously.
If we signed him to 7mil and bought out Kaberle we'd still have a boat load to fill out our roster. I'd take a look at Clowe. If you can get him at 4-4.5 I'd take a shot. Otherwise no. Also, I'd offer Jagr a one year deal at his 4.55 salary now or whatever it is. I'm sure he'd love to play with Pleks on a sure fire playoff team in his final years. I know it sounds kinda nuts, but we actually have the space... Imagine this:

Pacioretty------Desharnais--------Perry
Bourque--------Plekanec----------Jagr
Clowe-----------Galchenyuk-------Gallagher
Moen------------White--------------Prust

Markov------Subban
Tinordi-------Gorges
Emelin-------Diaz
Boullion

That's a cup contending lineup in my opinion. I gave each player a generous contract on cap geek and it worked out. Plus about 1m to sign/call up a 13th forward.
Obviously this is a pipe dream thing but it's fun to pretend. That lineup would wreak havoc. Big and skilled through an through.