View Single Post
Old
07-19-2006, 02:05 PM
NORiculous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Yes there is enough corporate support. Its not 1995 anymore.(Economical morosity is gone from this town) I dont know why even as Quebecer we are so pessimist, hockey is in our blood. Name the last city finishing last in the league 4 years in a row with a 13-14k avg attendance. Quebec City.

CGI, Ubisoft, Nurun-Quebecor, Cirque du Soleil, Desjardins, Tanguay, Simons, Videotron just to name a few that were much smaller or simply inexistent back in 1995. Im not even talking about the robotics/high tech companies in the new technological park. Then theres Pepsi etc all the traditional ones. Quebec's private sector doubled in the last 10 years and will re-double in the next 10 years. I know because im part of it. Hiring in Quebec City nowadays is like preaching in the desert, nobody is available, the last 2 guy I hired are from Montreal. My father who is hiring as well says the same thing, 3 tunisian and 1 algerian are his last 4 hiring. Its a total crisis at most government, they have huge trouble replacing the leaving boomers.
Good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
To conclude, a small but I think really meaningfull question.

Any other city would compare in terms of selling the NHL and fostering rivalries? Whats better than brigging back the biggest rivalry of all(one that compares with Tor-mtl and Cal-Ed and Bos-mtl)? Thats what the league needs, now and in the future.
I would even say it was the biggest rivalry of all sports of all time. However, to bring back that kind of rivalry won't produce it self by magic. I wonder how long it would take for it to get fired up to a decent point (Tor-Mtl or Bos-Mtl). I think Cal-Edm is a better rivalry. One other point is that with the sad record the Nords had during their last years in Qc, the rivalry had set down a few notchs.

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote