View Single Post
Old
07-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Yes it does. Though Latendresse can join Hamilton this year after his season is over with Drummondville.

I don't know what will happen with him this year but I'm all for bringing prospects along slowly. Would be great to see next years incoming class for Hamilton. Price, Latendresse, O'Byrne (or this year), Siarhei Kostitsyn, Mikus, and Carle! Plus Korpikari and Heino have to be signed next June or we lose their rights. Plus there's always hope if we can't get Emelin this year, maybe next summer.

Personally I don't expect to see Latendresse make the Habs, but we'll see. I think he's got a lot of work to do on his mobility, first step, acceleration. But we'll see how hard he works this summer and what he does at camp. Clearly I'm a big fan of Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Grabovsky, since I have been hyping them more then the rest of our prospects. I do think Latendresse has a lot of upside but I'd like to see him work on things, plus I believe in seeing players go through the minors to put their time in and get chemistry with other young future Habs. If you look at our group of young players, Higgins, Pleks, Perezhogin, Murray, Komisarek, Ryder, all have played in Hamilton at one point with Ribs and Markov also going through the farm. Higgins, Pleks, Perezhogin, Komisarek all played on the same team. Pleks, Komi, Ryder all played on the same team.
Nice post. I like the philosophy of having a class of rookies who mature and learn together as they progress through successive levels of competition. Of course, it's only practicable when you have the kind of depth that the Habs staff has managed to accumulate over the past 4 or so years of good drafting.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote