View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 08:09 PM
tombombadil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
I've always seen it the other way. I would induct Alfredsson over Elias. Elias has the postseason on Alfredsson but that's it. Alfie was a much more consistent point producer despite playing a very defensively responsible game. That being said, I still see both sides for Alfie.
I'm with you on this, and on the 'Brad Richards not being worlds apart' thing.

Really, Senators vs Devils advantages/disadvantages could be a wash here. Elias gets more playoff time/success, and Alfie gets some higher point totals from being on the pizza line.

I think they are very, very simliar players, with very similar careers. I have always had Alfie just a small touch ahead, though - and I highly doubt he would get looked over before Elias by the Hall, based on his immense popularity in Ottawa, and Canadian media in general.

I don't know why everyone is opposed to your view of Richards! He has time to add good seasons, he did have a Conn Smythe, and his numbers are right with these other two. In my eyes, he is NOT as good of an all around player as either one, but he certainly isn't in a different ballpark.

tombombadil is offline   Reply With Quote