Old
02-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Wild48
Our Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Well done! It's hard!

I'm down to 197 from 206. I'd like to be between 170-175 although I probably won't get there by my wedding (August).

Crazy thing though, I looked at my measurements today vs a few years ago, and my lean body mass is around 145 right now. This time last year (before I started working out, albeit sporadically), it was 135 (at 190 pounds). I knew I looked more muscular but didn't realize I put on that in that time. And that was up from 125 pounds lean mass a few years earlier.

Now if I can just hang on to that lean mass while I burn fat, I'll be golden.
I really recommend Myfitnesspal to anybody trying to lose weight. It's a calorie/exercise tracking app. You put in your weight, and your weight loss goal and it gives you a calorie goal per day. The barcode scanner and search function work great and it makes it easy to track what you're eating.

Just logging the calories makes it easier to make better diet decisions because i have to look at the poor choices I make.

I also added cardio (biking at the gym, will move it outside once the snow goes away) which i'm sure has helped.