View Single Post
Old
07-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Gotta admit I REALLY like this trade, though I would've thought it'd take more to get Hall.

Hall is a kid I followed very closely in college and through the years, I've always liked him.

The thing with Hall is that I have a feeling that might still be another level for him to hit in his development. He's a big kid who hasn't always been on strong teams.

Honestly I do think he has 25 goal potential if he puts it all together. The kid won't be 26 till August and in the right system, could really surprise some people.

He is willing to drop the gloves as well, and I believe even had a scrap with Shanahan a few years back and held his own nicely.

I was thinking the other day how it'd be neat if the Rangers could get a younger power forward and have him learn from Shanahan. Hall might be a good candidate for that.

He can play either wing so that really isn't a problem and I don't think it'd be out of line to give him PP time and switch him into the top 6 as well. As I've said before, I think you'll see different combos depending on the situation and Hall could certainly fit with that approach.

REALLY like the move. He was a kid I wanted back in '99. Def. not a gurantee, but the potential is there for a bit more than what one might think we're getting.
Ditto on all fronts.

I followed Hall in College too, loved his play in the playoffs a few years ago when Nashville played Detroit. Very good trade and a player I thought would be real hard to pry away from the Preds, could it be they know something we don't or do they have too many bodies?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote