View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
'10-'11 was an anomaly and to Bylsma's credit he coached the team incredibly well to grind out loser points and shootout wins in low-scoring, close games. Then they got bounced because the injuries caught up to them, but overall it's an anomaly.
It was an anomaly in the sense that few if any other coaches could've pulled off the same feat. If you're saying that it was a fluke, I disagree. This team has just been territorially dominant from day one of DB's regime regardless of who is in the lineup. Malkin and Crosby are not singlehandedly responsible for that.

Quote:
We've got the two best players but I've got news: They're not 4 notches above everyone else in the league like the old Penguins. This has been explained to death by others on the board, but that's the difference. Plus there's a cap. We have an advantage in TOP END talent, but not talent overall.
I agree. This team has some roster issues which need to be addressed. A solid third wheel for Malkin's line is of the utmost importance. That line hasn't done anything 5 on 5 all year and we won't go far in the playoffs if that's not resolved.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote