View Single Post
Old
07-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I'm not even sure where Straka fits in on the PP at this point. Perhaps the point is where he is. On the first unit, theoretically you have Shanny-Nylander-Jagr. I assume Cullen mans one point. Straka the other? Renney didn't seem to like Straka there too much last season, and I actually thought Tyutin manned that position well last season (and it's something that could help his confidence). The second unit, call it a mixture of Prucha and Hall up front, and for all intents and purposes, Jagr hangs on for a bit of the second PP too, so perhaps Straka centers the second line, which could screw Hall or Prucha playing behind Jagr. And who can man the points on the second unit? Eesh... Maybe that's the next trade.
Maybe but I also tend to believe that a guy like Straka or even Shanahan, on a one year deal is not going to be locked into any spots.

My guess, and it is only that, is rotating guys in there. Cullen, Immonen, Hall, etc.

But we won't really know till camp at the earliest.

Hall is really a wild card. Depends on what he shows. Though I don't think he's necessarily a challange for Ward, the two wouldn't look half bad playing together for that matter. Hall can play any forward position the Rangers want.

I just get the funny feeling there is a hope that Shanahan teaches him a few things.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote