View Single Post
Old
02-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Fly Like a C5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Agree .... well that they can make the Top 8. I don't think coaching has been good, but I'm not going to call out one part of this team. On a nightly basis different segments of this team **** the bed. I agree coaching is a huge part of that ... but the coaching has changed ... three times ... and every single damn time it's the same results.
There's a losing culture that has slowly crept into the locker room since 2004 lockout. Having the defense decimated by losing players like Hatcher (pre lockout) and Zubov didn't help. When you have all-star talent throughout the line up, you can get away with laziness and a lack of focus because you have the talent to get back into the game. When Robidas and Daley anchor your blueline you have to be locked on and focused for the full 60 minutes. What this team needs is for Gully to grow a pair or to hire a Tortorella type of coach. A Tortorella type of coach is only really effective for 2-3 seasons, but that's enough time to instill some accountability and discipline while improving the roster. This organization will continue to foster a losing culture until the coaching staff and GM stop making excuses and demand more from the team.