View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 01:00 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
Fair enough, especially considering two centres went down in two weeks but I'm not satisfied with Ebbett come playoff time in any form. Not as the 13th or 14th forward, not at all. There needs to be some serious upgrades, a top 6 forward and some tough bottom 6 players as well. Too bad the cost will be to dry up our future.
We need a top six winger for sure, but I believe our bottom six is fine, although I would try and get one more tough, grinder for the fourth line which should be cheap to get from a team that is selling at the deadline. Bottom six doesn't really need any upgrading, it's fine aside from a possible fourth line upgrade with the departure of Volpatti. Can Pinizzotto solidify that spot? Not sure, that's a lot to ask from a player that's having loads of injury issues and hasn't played in the NHL.

Like I said, Ebbett is fine when he's just a filler for a game or two with limited minutes, while being played in the correct role where he can succeed in. There is no logical reason to be playing Ebbett on the PK, even though I can understand the thinking behind it.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote