View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 12:04 AM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I suppose it's a matter of opinion. I think Hannan is still better than Zanon, but not by much.

If you think I'm just 'grasping at straws' in light of this latest failure and the ones before it, you should take McNab's place as Chief Avalanche Apologist.
Have you watched Hannan this year? Guy is terrible on a team with an actual defensive structure. Switch the names and the conversation would be the same: Sherman failed because he signed Hannan.

Yeah, I guess I'm an apologist because I don't believe Campoli (not in the NHL), Redden (scratch), Hannan (1 point, -9 on a playoff team), or a hypothetical trade for Yannick Weber (scratch) would improve our team. It's 'anyone but who we have' syndrome, and it's a different anyone each week. The only real players worth anything this summer were Suter, Carle, and Garrison: two of the three knew where they were signing before July 1, the other was a typical UFA overpayment. Zanon is a plug, nothing more. He was a capable top-4 guy just last year. He hasn't really worked out so far, but who has under Sacco?