View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 02:55 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
i'm not surprised hunter left because of what a mess that org is. Still don't see how you read that (i'm referring to your quote since i haven't seen/heard this discussion you are referring to) as Ovi being "the mess ***** that was going on there "

He might be partially responsible for some of the failures there, but defiantly not his fault the GM hasn't been able to properly manage the team into it's new "system", or his fault for the management and coaching prior to rely and build a system solely dependent on high offensive game play, and overly depending on few key players. Juggle starting goaltenders year in year out.

That kind of talent and skill doesn't just disappear overnight (he's still producing and setting in nicely with ribero, seems to be best move wsh has done in a while). As much as it's the players responsibility to mature properly and work hard to develop properly, it's also the duty of management and coaching to facilitate and help develop and surround such talent and skill. Ovi is no lazy person; tons of energy and passion, handled properly, mixed with his skills is top 5 forward in this league.
just going by memory here, but the quote wasn't referring to ovi as the sole problem, just a big part of it

don't kid yourself, he doesn't always go there, but he does go into lazy mode way more than he should and he doesn't seem to have the best off-season regimen, so im fine calling him lazy. the talent is still there, but when i see him play now, i see no passion whatsoever...

he's not washed up, like you said, the passion and the talent is still there, somewhere, i assume. the just guy needs a change of scenery. badly

not directed at you personally, but there are still tons of people, mostly caps fans, who only look for excuses for ovechkin.

Quote:
it's also the duty of management and coaching to facilitate and help develop and surround such talent and skill.
see what i mean? he plays with backstrom as his center, occasionally had semin on the other wing, and has green/alzner/carlson on the backend. how much skill does he need to play with to get going exactly?

what DAchampion said, they need to deal him and start again.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote