View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 04:24 AM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoobMoob View Post
He is solid, and this isn't "bashing" Price. Though look at the games Budaj has started for this team this season. 1 shut out(CAR), 1 game with 1 goal against(PHI), a game where Budaj cost us the regulation win(Buf) and 1 game where the team sucked and Budaj sucked(OTT).

As I've said before, I wouldn't take any goalie above Price. Rinne is close, and Lundqvist would be a possibility but Price is probably the best in the league. I was just hoping someone could point out one specific game where Price took it away. Was this really too much to ask?
Not sure why everyone is attacking you or your post, but I hold the same thoughts. For a top 5 goalie, I've yet to see him steal a game, this season or last. However, Price's positioning and rebound control for the most part are exceptional, which makes it difficult to judge whether or not another goalie would have had the same outcome. I think Price's ease of handling uncontested shots with his outstanding rebound control might actually work against him in this regard. It makes the eye test extremely difficult to conclude anything imo.

Price has been outstanding and he is one of the most important factors to our successful season. I don't agree with the media talking heads where they suggest this team is a bunch of scrubs who rely solely on Price.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote