Old
03-01-2013, 06:23 AM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringfieldSkins View Post
You guys realize who would be trading Ovechkin, right?

Do you really want GMGM involved in a trade that includes Ovechkin? Would probably be a bad trade for him. Would definitely be a bad trade for the fans.

Nothing good would come of that idiot trading Ovechkin on either end. Son of a ***** would probably trade him to the Penguins or the Flyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Totally. Given his horrible trading record, especially when selling players, it would almost definitely be a complete disaster.

GMGM has his faults but if you think his trading ability is one of them you just aren't paying attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
So Ovechkin is the problem with the team then?

I thought it was Semin?

Love how outsiders love to shed insight into a situation that they are far removed from.

Let me HIT ALL OF YOU WITH SOME KNOWLEDGE!

In 1988 it was pretty much common belief that the problem with our team stemmed from Larry Murphy and his suckage.

In 2003 we all were sick and tired of Sergei Gonchar (I was one of the biggest culprits btw) and were sure he would be addition by subtraction.

Over time I have come to realize that it is not individual players that are a "problem". It is the collection of the parts and will always be that way.

Both Murphy and Gonchar had great success after leaving the Caps and both won cups (in the case of Murphy several).

Jagr won cups before he was here and even led the league in scoring after he left.

We just have never had the combination of the correct architecht and owner willing to spend at the same time in our history.

Ovechkin isn't the problem and none of Murphy, Gonchar, Jagr etc were either.
This is the big picture. And one painted by someone who has been watching and paying attention for a long time.

The knee-jerking around here is out of control.

I agree, we need a new architect. I'm not a GMGM hater by any stretch. In fact, I think he's a very good GM. But it's time for a new approach.

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote