Thread: Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V
View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 07:25 AM
QnebO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cockburn View Post
hes been doing very positive things on the ice and also been very unlucky not to get 5 more assists. He's got the quality, let him adapt to the pace. I have no doubt he will be an important player. If not for Minnesota, then for someone else in the NHL.
It's true. Its been kinda funny to follow this, guy is playing very mature and good hockey for a small sized rookie (very good). It doesn't look bad at all for him. But I give some understanding for the ones who are disappointed, he is so high profile player that you would've wished him to be superstar right from the start. In national team, he was better than NT captain Mikko Koivu, who also plays for this team. It's proven giftness and skills that he has in him. I dont know how he is doing socially with Heater and other team mates he's playing with, but he needs to get that high confidence in him going on again. Being starplayer from the start... even that could've happened, he could have had better confidence, couple of goals and 5-10 more points if the wilds were in fire as a team and only if couple of bounches would've gone their and mikael's way. The Team and Mikael have struggled a bit but it's going to turn good. North American fans aren't the ones with most faith aguess, very polarized (good or bad, bust or superstar) but at least even the negative fans havent completely given up.

I think Mikael isn't completely "free" and outgoing mentally in the Wilds yet. He should just go to the ice, not to think and score / make plays. Not that easily done as said, thought.

Last edited by QnebO: 03-01-2013 at 07:37 AM.