View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 08:49 AM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
True enough, yet under astute ownership, can be accomplished. Heres a list of Carolinas' most recent investors along with a timeline & list on others.

Announced 11/3/2011:
*Michael Kahn, Empire Distributors Inc. (also owner of Charlotte Checkers)
*Matthew Szulik, Red Hat
*Capitol Broadcasting Company
*Temple Sloan Jr., General Parts International, Trail Creek Investments, Highwoods Properties
*Clancy & Theys Construction
*Jim Rutherford
*Abel and Barbara Zalcberg, OFM, Inc.
*Frederick J. Whitney and Timothy M. Whitney, Whitney Wealth Management
Unidentified Investor
Unidentified Investor

Announced 9/12/12:
*Ron Francis
*Eliza Kraft Olander and Brian McHenry
*Ron de Lange, Tekelec
Unidentified Investor
Unidentified Investor

Announced 2/28/2013:
*Mark Rein, Epic Games
Chuck Hammel, Pitt Ohio
Unidentified Investor
Unidentified Investor

*Based in North Carolina
It's funny how the NHL Constitution is a moving target and can be changed by the whim of the Commissioner depending upon how the wind is blowing and his personal desire to see his dreams come to fruition.

Not to bring up old history, but back in 1994-95, there was a "group" that was trying to buy and keep the Jets in Winnipeg, and basically they were told the NHL does not want / like "group" ownership. Fast forward to now, and it more than appears that the NHL keeps changing the definition of ownership and what constitutes a "group" to do whatever it takes to keep a team where it is.

I personally like this. I think regardless of the ownership being one person or a thousand, if it keeps a team from moving , great. I just have issue with the NHL running its business with a "casual" constitution. Why even waste the paper?