View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 10:12 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
I don't think we need two. Hejda and Barrie are starting to look very much like a Top 4 pairing, then EJ makes up half of another. We need 1 more Top 4 Dman to play with EJ(That guy could actually be Wilson for now).

And we would probably only need that Dman for a couple of years. Siemens and Elliott could both very well be top 4 guys in a couple years too. And our 1st in this draft is yet to be seen.

One of Smid/Streit is all we need IMO.

XXX - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Obrien - Hunwick

That's a decent Defense with guys playing where they should.
I think we need to have three solid pairings that can play 18-20 minutes a night. I just don't see us completing a top pairing that can play 25 minutes a night within the next two years. We need a better all around defense like NJ. I'm also not sold on EJ turning into a 40 point defender for sure either, I'm willing to accept him as a 30 point guy with top pairing defensive ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I don't think we're going to be signing Horton for 5m...if that were why wouldn't Boston just sign him for that?

I actually think that Siemens is going to come in in the offseason and impress the team. I think he'll make the team out of camp, and we could be looking at

Partner/Wilson-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
ROB/SOB/Zanon-Siemens

At this point, I'd prefer SOB in that bottom pairing slot, he's flat out played better than ROB and Zanon.

And if we GET that Partner for EJ, whether through trade or FA then we could be rolling

Partner-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Wilson-Siemens

Not that I think Wilson deserves to be on the bottom pairing, but at this point I find it hard to want to break up the Hejda-Barrie pairing, they seem to have something nice working right now.
Honestly even at 5M they are going to have a hard time keeping him, I've seen Boston fans break it down before. None of them expect to keep him beyond this season. Most of them think he will want between 5-5.5M from what I have seen as well.

The thing is, EJ's partner isn't going to be some young stud offensive defender. Streit & Smid gives us some options...

Smid - EJ

Streit - Wilson

Hejda - Barrie

If EJ does not produce offensively with Smid?

Streit - EJ

Smid - Barrie

Hejda - Wilson

O'Brien & Hunwick are interchangeable as our 7th D... 2M vs 1.6M

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 03-01-2013 at 10:20 AM.