View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 10:19 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
I don't think we need two. Hejda and Barrie are starting to look very much like a Top 4 pairing, then EJ makes up half of another. We need 1 more Top 4 Dman to play with EJ(That guy could actually be Wilson for now).

And we would probably only need that Dman for a couple of years. Siemens and Elliott could both very well be top 4 guys in a couple years too. And our 1st in this draft is yet to be seen.

One of Smid/Streit is all we need IMO.

XXX - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Obrien - Hunwick

That's a decent Defense with guys playing where they should.
I dont think we should be fooled by a couple of our defenseman playing good for a handful of games.

XXXX - EJ
XXXX - Wilson
Hejda - Barrie

That's what I want to see in the future. Hopefully Siemens is ready to replace Hejda when his contract is up efter 13/14. That would be perfect. But right now I want to trade Stastny for that partner to EJ and acquire a Top 4 d-man to play with Wilson. Hejda and Barrie I think is a perfect match and could handle playing against the other teams 3rd and 4th line. Barrie can hopefully become that perfect offensive defenseman who will thrive on the PP and not having to tough of a job on the 5 on 5 if we dont match him up against the other teams better players.