View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I love Streit, but why would we sign a 35 year old close to the end of his career?

He would bring good leadership, but there are way more defensemen to target besides him. Anyone who says he should be part of our top 3 targets is wrong, IMO (more like 5th to 10th).
I think we should be looking for more of a stop gap replacement for now.

We have some decent Dmen in the system with Elliott and Siemens. Siemens could still very well become that top pairing guy.

And if we use our 1st to draft say Nurse or Ristolainen, then between Siemens/Elliott/ and one of those 2, I would think we could find a decent #2/3 Dman to play with EJ.

Sign Streit to play here for 2-3 years(or 4 if that's what he wants) and be our Top pairing guy while we introduce Simenes/Elliott to the league. Then after those 2 or 3 years we reevaluate our Defense again. If one of Siemens/Elliott/Barrie/Draftee are on there way to top pairing talent, then we don't have to do anything. If they are all looking more like 2nd pairing guys or worse, then package a couple of them and a pick or something to go get that top pairing guy.