: Post-Game Talk:
Every Game Should Be Against Tampa!
View Single Post
03-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Some great things for the Rangers in this game:
• This is a completely different team offensively with Nash (and Powe) in the lineup. Rolling 4 lines confidently and having Gaborik on the 3rd was very balanced.
• Pyatt has been one of the most consistent forwards this season. You know what you are going to ge tout of him every night. Solid board play.
• If this was an 82 game season, Hagelin would be on pace for 30 goals. He has really taken the next step, for a guy who is so fast he is learning how to slow the game down for himself at the right time and it is opening up a ton of offensive opportunities for him and his linemates.
• Its borderline impossible that Nash continues to get around 10 shots per game, half of them being glorious chances and none of them go in, maybe one late - like we've seen. If he consistently plays like this they will start going in the net, in bunches.
• Richards looked better. A lot more energized. Won a TON of faceoffs.
• Lundqvist stood tall after a bad game.
• Staal is very quietly building himself back into a #1.
• Stepan continues to play well and is starting to finish plays.
• The Rangers have games in hand on 11 out of the other 14 in teams in the conference. Pitt and NJ are coming back to earth, and teams are finding it difficult to separate themselves from the pack, especially the bubble teams. Nows the time to start getting points. Build on this.
• Gabby oh Gabby where art thou?
• Eminger didn't take full advantage of an opportunity to keep himself in the lineup.
• The Lightning admittedly played like garbage for the first third of the game. Give the Rangers credit for taking advantage, but they need to bury more goals on teams early and take them out of it. Form that killer instinct.
• Allowed a team to build momentum in the third again. Granted, its TB who have scored the most goals in the NHL, but they need to keep the pedal down with a 2 goal lead. I thought they had decent moments of forcing the play at times but it wasnt enough to lock it up completely.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by HockeyBasedNYC