View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
I don't see how Kessel and Seguin cancel each other out. How many here would trade Seguin straight up for Kessel.
I wouldn't but if it happened I wouldn't call it a rip-off. And certainly Kessel could turn out to be the better player.

Seguin has a higher ceiling and I think he'll wind up being better but that's not a sure thing. Kessel is better than he's being given credit for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
As for McDonagh and Hamilton it's a toss up right now. They both have sky high potential. McDonagh has shown more in the NHL but is older and been in the league longer.

We may have gotten the worst asset back but we didn't give up the best player. It comes down to would you rather lose a dollar and get nothing, or lose 2 dollars and get 1 back
The best player in those deals could actually turn out to be Kessel. I don't think it will be but it's entirely possible. The guy has averaged 34 goals a season over the last four years. That's nothing to sneeze at. And he's done it without a center helping him out.

It's a horrible trade for sure but at least the Leafs got something back. We didn't.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 03-01-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote