View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
It does seem to me like he seriously overvalued the trade market for an unsigned O'Reilly. I guess he was hoping things would heat up in the offseason, but he should have realized the very real possibility of an offer sheet would tie his hands and should have moved more quickly and been more active. I for one am glad he wasn't since I don't think he would've gotten good value, and I didn't want O'Reilly traded. But the organization needed to be decisive about this, and they weren't.

From what has been reported, the Avs did not specifically state what the price was for O'Reilly, they simply listened to offers instead of actively shopping the guy. To me, that means they weren't being serious about trading him, which meant they should've been far, far more active to sign the kid. They didn't do that either. Either way, I feel this was bumbling on an epic scale, and should cost him his job, among other things I've taken issue with.

If O'Reilly gets traded after this then Sherman's an even bigger idiot than I gave him credit for.