View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 12:17 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Don't you guys think that O'Reilly would be traded next trade deadline?

I can't see the Avs trading Stastny if O'Reilly can't be signed..then you have Duchene as the only top 6 center.
Everyone has their panties in a bunch because of our history with holdouts. While that's a somewhat relevant fear, every player is a little different.

The fact that they matched instantly has to say something as well. I mean hours, not a day or two even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I don't ROR will still be a RFA. He might be overpaid at 6.5m for the next few years (or arbitration that lowers it slightly), but the Avs at least they know they have his rights in 14-15. Stastny can just say no and walk in 14-15. ROR won his fight with management and forced their hand. They won't like it, but I don't think they swallow the poison pill.
Colorado will know Stastny AND O'Reilly's opinions on signing extensions THIS YEAR after July 1st or even before hand if they talk. Plenty of time to make the decision on who to move and or as to if they can keep both.

Hell they can know Stastny, O'Reilly, Duchene, Landeskog, and Varly's openness to extensions.