Thread: Proposal: Detroit/Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 11:17 AM
OiledUp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post
There we go. Excellent response and insight into the Oilers situation.

What would it then take? Nyquist? Andersson maybe? He's been playing 3C for us and doing very well, but when Helm comes back there just isn't enough room for him.
If I'm trading Hemsky I would prefer a d-man as the main piece coming back. Either a top prospect who isn't to far from NHL ready or a guy who could walk right in to our top 4. Our d hasn't been as horrific as people seem to think this year, we're getting by, but to get to the next level it most certainly needs improvement, Nick Schultz can't be on the top pairing if we're looking for cups and I have my doubts about Petry, ideally Smid should be a #5 as well, we basically have a few guys who are fine as complement players in the top 4 but ideally are #5s.

I don't mind Andersson and we could use some improvement at the center position. The thing with the Oilers situation at the center position is that I think they want to give Lander a spot as a regular next season to see what he can do with it, I'd say he's already good enough as a 4C and PKer if he can improve his draws a bit. Outside of that we have Horcoff and Belanger, one of them will have to be moved to make room for Lander. Horcoff is the captain and on a contract that makes him difficult/impossible to trade which means we'll likely move Belanger, perhaps at the deadline to a team that needs help on FOs. That still leaves us with four centers on the team, but if Andersson can play as a winger he could be useful for physicality in our bottom six and when Horcoffs contract is up be moved to center.
We could really use a guy who can play both W and C in our bottom six, we need some center depth on the roster. Could Andersson do that? Haven't seen him too much but his skating isn't too impressive, too slow to be effective as a winger on an energy line?

I'm not sure we'd make great trading partners unless you'd be willing to part ways with one of your top d prospects and I'm not sure you'd do that.

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote