View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Doesn't make sense to do it now.
Of course not. I guess I didn't imply it enough, but I meant as a May/June trade, maybe even as late as July if Happ is patient enough or the Jays find a temporary spot for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Jays need starting pitching depth as opposed to a 1B/DH
Agreed, and I think we keep Happ no matter what if Happ is okay with being in AAA or we can find a spot for him in the Majors. But there's been a few rumbling (not really rumours as much as speculation) that Happ might ask for a trade if he find himself stuck at AAA for an extended period to start the season. In that case, I think you consider getting Morneau for him. Twins could use the young pitching, and Lind is a bit of an uncertain commodity, even if he has a good start to the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get one of those young reliever arms with Morneau, too.

The obvious problem is that Morneau is a LHB like Lind. If you can find a healthier RHB somewhere else for Happ, even if he has less track record and/or lower numbers, I think you make that move first.