Thread: Prospect Info: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Freaky Styley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I do hate the fact that we won't have a chance at drafting a franchise defenseman... who is a friggin' Avs fan! It's so rare that happens, and it felt so good getting Dutchy. It would be great getting Seth, but it's not happening.

--

From daddy Popeye:

“When I got to Denver we lived on a cul-de-sac the kids set up a net outside and were playing road hockey and Justin asked if we could go skating and Seth was just the little guy who tagged along. None of them were very good and it was just about skating at the rink, not so much hockey, until one day Justin asked if he could try. Well off they went to get all the stuff and Seth came along and soon they were both playing and by that time we had become Avalanche fans.

“I didn’t know anything about hockey and my kids were just out there enjoying themselves and one day just after the Pepsi centre opened I was coming out of practice and I noticed Joe Sakic in the weight room. I went up to him, introduced myself and asked him what I should do. He looked at me and said ‘I guess they’ll be all right for size, it’s skating that’s important.’ I went home that night and mentioned to the kids I’d talked to Joe and they were all excited saying ‘what’d he say, what’d he say?’ I told them and they went to a figure skating coach and that really helped them.”
Well, there's still hope he will come here as a UFA in any case.. and if we miss the playoffs there is still a miniscule chance we win the lottery so not all hope is lost!