View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 01:30 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
If the Flyers miss the playoffs that would be a good incentive to be traded. His cap hit is going to keep the team from improving, unless he prefers to be bought out this offseason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
I think Blues or Buffalo would be perfect trade partner for Briere. Both those teams have what we want (Pietrangelo/Shattenkirk/Myers), but we have to add always. I dont want to lose our first pick and not our prospects. And we need capspace too.

I would try bigger trade, little upgrade defensive+ little downgrade offensive. Something like Briere+(Coburn/Meszarov)+ <-> (Shattenkirk/Pietrangelo)+(Stewart/Sobotka/Oshie) or Myers+(Stafford/Ott/Foligno).

The other way is to deal Briere for prospect and/or pick(1st or 2nd).

Briere(+) <-> (Cole/Schmaltz)+1st or (McCabe/McNabb)+1st

Things or ideas how to get this working both ways ?

1. His name is Meszaros. Andrej MeszarOS. You've been misspelling it for weeks now. It's a little embarrassing to see a Flyers fan on the trade board doesn't even know the name of a player on his own team that he's trying to trade.

2. Flyers fans and other fans have told you now like 200 times collectively that you aren't getting Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk for Briere. You actually aren't getting Pietrangelo period no matter what you offer short of Claude Giroux + because the Blues just aren't trading him, but that's a different matter.

3. You're also not getting Cole/Schmaltz + a 1st and you're certainly not getting McCabe or McNabb+1st

4. The trades that you classified as "a little defensive upgrade, a little offensive downgrade" are actually "MASSIVE defensive upgrade, little offensive UPGRADE". TJ Oshie and Chris Stewart both hold more value than Briere. Ott's probably about even.

Please just stop. Every trade you propose is MASSIVELY lopsided towards the Flyers.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote