View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Hab at it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoobMoob View Post
Every team is bound to have a bad game, same with every goaltender. I expect the team to be able to bail their goalie out of a bad game and expect the goalie to be able to bail the skaters out of a bad game as well. I don't really see it as necessarily a knock on Price, but I remember Halak stealing some games, I remember Theodore stealing some games, and I remember Roy stealing some games. I don't remember seeing a game with Price in net and thinking "Wow, without Price that game would have definitely been a loss."

I definitely prefer the steadiness of Price to almost any other goalie in the league(save Rinne or maybe Lundqvist) but it would be nice to be able to point to a single game and say "Price won that."
The habs were so disfunctional last season that pretty much every game the habs won last year is because Price stole it. They have had such an incredible turn around in their play this year that fortunately he hasnt had to steal games. But that said he is still playing excellent hockey and no longer allows that momentum shifting goal that he sometimes did earlier in his career.

Hab at it is offline   Reply With Quote