View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I wouldn't sell Laughton short. He's a complete player who is getting more comfortable and is starting to develop the offensive side of his game. It should be noted that before he left for Flyers training camp, he had something like 33 points in 32 games. In the 12 games since he returned, he's had 18 points and he's playing at a whole other level. On top of it, the guy is already defensively sound. Everyone seems to think that players like Laughton are a dime a dozen, but players who play nearly Selke award winning defense are very rare (see Couturier, Sean). I really like the Laughton pick and he's going to be a guy that a lot of teams will be kicking themselves over for not selecting him.

With that being said, I also get that he's redundant with the depth of centers that the Flyers currently have. If he can help land a potential franchise defenseman, then yes, I think you use him as part of the trade. However, don't think for one second that Laughton isn't a top prospect because that simply isn't true. More and more teams are really starting to become enamored with Laughton and his overall game.
I agree. Scott is a keeper who will fit in here very well. I to think it is better not to panic and let this team grow together.