View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 01:55 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Everyone knew that Bouillon would play hard, and play within his limits (and play often due to Therrien's glowing comments about him).

I think the disappointment when he was signed was due to the fact that many fans felt and still feel the defence lacks a big physical presence. Someone to clear the crease and let other players know, especially in the playoffs, not to **** around. The contradiction is that Bouillon is a tough man, and throws his weight around. But at 5'8" he is unfortunately somewhat limited in his effectiveness in that role. That's not to say he doesn't deserve a spot on the team. He definitely does and his steady play this year reinforces that.

The team still has a need for a tough as nails defenceman with a year or two on contract to help move away from the smurf stereotype and to keep other team's forwards honest.

Bouillon is similar to Gionta in that there's no doubt they play their ***** off and play hard with a definite chip on their shoulder, and you can't fault them for that. But there are eight defencemen on the team and not one of them is the kind of guy that is more of a "policeman" type, the kind of player we'll need in the next couple of months. Anyways, Bouillon has played very well and you can't dislike him. Maybe the bigger issue is having three similar players (Diaz, Weber, and Kaberle). One of those players needs to be the type of defenceman I'm talking about, until a season or two from now when Tinordi is here.

I think a likely trade is Weber for a gritty, veteran stay at home defenceman at the deadline from a non-playoff team. It's why Weber should be playing over Kaberle in order to let other teams know that we have a good young player here who just isn't going to get an opportunity. With Kaberle being bought out in the offseason, Bergevin has to decide whether he wants to let Weber (likely) flourish somewhere else, trade Kaberle's contract for another bad contract, or move a pick that he's stockpiled.
I love the human condition, myself included, especially when it comes to our passions.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote