Thread: Player Discussion: Chris Kreider
View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Kind of early to say that about Fasth but Miller, who clearly gets it, might very well end up being a better player than Kreider.

I am thinking that perhaps when all is said and done, perhaps we may be able to draw a parallel between Kreider and Nazem Kadri(who was also in the 2009 draft and couldn't break into the Leaf's lineup because of defensive issues and is now lighting it up in his 1st pro season).
With Kreider, at least currently, it goes beyond defensive and transition issues - which are definitely evident. But they're also evident with Miller, or any young player. For all this conversation about what kind of player Kreider is, or how hes not being utilized correctly, or any of the other ridiculous excuses that have popped up in this thread - the common theme I see when I watch Kreider play is someone who is extraordinary timid and disengaged. Hes not moving his feet, and hes certainly not using his big frame to any sort of advantage. Thats unforgivable and, rightfully so, earned him a ticket back to Hartford.