Old
03-01-2013, 01:30 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
How can you say he looks worse? He only played 37 snaps. He needs a better opportunity than that to be judged upon accurately.
Not being able to make the active roster for more than 3 games when the team has major injuries to the WR is not a good thing for a 1st round pick in the NFL. I'm sorry, but first round NFL picks are expected to make the roster. I would also hope that even a 4th receiver on the roster with 37 snaps would a) get more than 1 target, and b) not drop his one target. He was also passed by Chad Hall on the depth chart. Can you think of a 1st round pick who contributed less this year than Jenkins? Especially considering how many receivers drafted later did contribute.

There's certainly nothing from anything he showed in game, his inability to get on the active roster, or any reports about his practice performance to indicate he's going to contribute significantly any time soon. I'm sorry, but in the NFL you can't afford to have 1st round picks fail to make an active roster. These aren't 18 year olds, they're 22 or 23 year olds. If you have any practice reports saying he looked good, show them to me, I remember Maiocco often saying the opposite.

So yeah, I'm not going to count on Jenkins to suddenly contribute significantly enough to be the 3rd, or even 4th receiver on this team next year. I hope I'm wrong, but I think at least they need to find a new receiver for next season (although I don't think they should draft him, they need to draft a DT).