View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 01:30 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Like a C5 View Post
Ideally, Dallas would bring in a Tortorella type coach for 2 or 3 seasons to instill discipline and then hire someone like Willie to take over once Tortorella starts to wear out his welcome. Let Tortorella be the bad guy and fix the issues while Willie continues to develop prospects in Austin.
I got to say there's nothing ideal about another 2 or 3 year coach.

The players and fans have been getting jerked around for 5 years. Good teams don't change coaches this often.

Dallas has lacked clear direction and identity since Tippett. I still believe it was probably time to move on, but hell maybe not if you're telling me Dallas could have 4 different coaches in 7 or 8 years (2-Crow; 2 Gully; 2 or 3 of the next guys; then we hire another).

At some point, the new owner has to decide if GM Joe can define one path for the team. If he can't ... they are going to replace him. It'll be disappointing because I still believe Nieuwendyk will be a good GM. It's silly to discount the bankruptcy issue, but he may need to be fired once to find his way. Whoever they replace Joe with can't go looking for a 2 or 3 year stop gap coach, and honestly if they are going to replace Joe I'd like it to happen sooner rather than later. I know they won't, but the new guy should be making the decisions at the trade deadline if Joe is getting replaced. It shouldn't be the old guy trying to save his job.