View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Well obviously I don't expect him to show up to Denver today and shake Greg Sherman's, and all the other "suits" as you put it, hand and have a smile on his face and say "All is now forgiven".

But I guess mine was more of a question of you knowing him and if you believe if there's a chance that he and the Avs can now be grown ups about this and move forward, keeping him on the team as a legitimate Core player (as Sherman even identified him as last night)?

Basically I'm glad he's back with us, but in 2 years I don't want to go through this again, and I doubt Ryan or the Avs Brass do either, so I was curious your opinion on if it can be smoothed over over that time?
Winning fixes everything, mainly because it saves peoples' jobs. If the Avs start winning, and O'Reilly is a big part of that, they'll work something out. If Sherman is stupid and petty enough to actually stick it to the guy he's forking out $9 million to over the next year, then he never deserves another job in hockey at any level.