Old
03-01-2013, 02:20 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWordArmy View Post
Being prepared for a bit of contact is one thing... head hunting and starting fights is another. I guess human nature is human nature, but you are not a "pro" nothing to protect here. Have fun. It is a FUN thing, not a career thing. I do not expect it to be cut down but the USA hockey is teaching refs on how to subdue tension and handle hot heads and they are getting better at it every year.

Refs play a huge role in this, but you can tell that some players are just bad apples and should be scorned by teammates as much as by other teams. I hate having to "deal" with other teams anger just because one of my teammates was being stupid.
I agree with you 100%, I just think it's unrealistic to expect fun games all the time. When I'm on the bench I'll usually try to point out the hot heads or guys with short tempers to prepare my team mates. If we're blowing somebody out I'll remind everybody to keep their head up, watch for cheap shots and don't take a suspension. You can also tell the ref when he's by your bench to watch out for so and so. Try to be proactive about it.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote