View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
So often on these forums, certain segments of the fanbase like to rely on the tried and true rationale of "what the hell do you know? These guys are professionals. They obviously know far more than you do." Blah blah blah.

This O'Relly/waivers situation is just yet another piece of evidence that proves that some of the people who are fortunate enough to hold jobs that we all dream about having are utterly incompetent.

If I was Jay Feaster, I would immediately fire who ever was responsible on the Flames' staff for informing him of all of the nuances of the CBA. If I was Jay Feaster's boss, Jay Feaster would be fired today. Ditto for Greg Sherman. Then again, Jay Feaster should have been fired long before this happened, because Jay Feaster has done a horrible job running that team, mandate from the owners to not rebuild or not.

As a general manager of a major professional sports team, how could you possibly even dream of making a single transaction unless you knew every nook and cranny of the rules and regulations that govern your ability to make transactions?

Simply mystifying.

No wonder Glen Sather never got fired . . .