Old
03-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardds View Post
Back in 2010-11, when he signed with the Ducks after recovering from his injuries, why didn't the Flyers give him another chance and resign him? Didn't we have the crappy duo of Nittymaki/Boucher nearing the playoffs when he finally returned that season? I just find it ironic that he's now with the team we played in the SCF in the same year he was supposed to be our starter until he had that season ending injury.
It was Boosh/Leighton, not Nitty. He began having hip problems in November, then missed time. When he returned, he wasn't back long before going out for the season. His hip had some form of necrosis. There was talk about him being fortunate to ever walk normally again; playing hockey seemed out of the question. So, Homer didn't take the risk due to injury. Anaheim did.

Edit: Unless you mean after Anaheim...his performance in Anaheim wasn't that amazing. We needed a starting goalie, not a backup...and it seems unlikely Emery will ever be more than a backup now. He can play, but his game has taken a hit. He started strong for Anaheim, for instance, but I remember he faded as time went on. It's hard to believe that hip isn't a factor...it's hard to believe it's not a ticking time bomb even today.