Old
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Snippit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Geez with all that help and u still cant win a mem cup

Ah except when u host,sorry forgot about that

Was the Knights hosting the reason they won in 05? Or was it just among the best junior hockey teams ever iced?

Last season, the Knights were one shot away of winning it, when they weren't even expected to come out of their conference.

Another poster mentioned that London has had sustained success. This is true. London has been a consistent force in the league for the past 10 years. Windsor had two absolutely sensational Memorial Cups, but do we know for sure if we can consider them with the likes of Kitchener and London right now?

London and Kitchener have been consistently dominant, always a force in the past 10 years. Windsor had two stunning years, but those wins are becoming more and more isolated. They've had two down years in a row, something I don't think London or Kitchener has experienced. Quick rebuilds. Windsor is going to have to pull up something in the next couple of years, or they won't be one of the big forces any more.

The Memorial Cup is an entertaining tournament to watch, for sure. Thing is, it won't always show who the best team is. Can we say the Shawinigan Cataractes were the very best team in the CHL last year? A lot of people put more stock into it than they do for the league titles. It's a quick tournament that can be won or lost by one off game, or a single bounce. Not saying that Windsor wasn't the best team in 09 and 10, but I think league titles hold more value.

Finally, it's definitely going to be an interesting playoff race. A lot of people are predicting Plymouth and Belleville to be in the playoffs. Reminds me a lot of Plymouth and Niagara of last year. The thing is, any of the following have good shots at winning it: London, Plymouth, OS, Kitchener, SSM, Belleville and Barrie.