View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 05:03 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
I wasn't sure what to make of the hire and still don't but can't complain with the way things have gone so far. I like how he addressed a weakness in the farm system by improving for next season by going from a Mayer-Delmas duo as our 3rd and 4th goalies, to Tokarski-Delmas or whatever they have in mind.

While not a huge move for the organization since we have a young star in nets but I think it's a big step up by getting Tokarski and good asset management to take a player you got for free and a pending UFA to boot for a legit goalie prospect.

Bringing in Prust was a smart move as well, really like the addition.

I also liked his cap management move with the Cole trade. He frees up cap space on a contract that could have been a problem down the road and gets a 1 year stop gap in a player that has scored a lot of goals the past couple seasons (right up there with Pac) plus a top 90 pick as the Habs could do a lot of interesting things for their future in the last 2 drafts between '12 and '13 as 2012 is looking great so far and having 6 of the top 90 picks could yield some good things for us hopefully.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote