View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I thought so too........until the floater Michael Ryder was brought in. We play a swarm game, and he.....floats.

I don't see this working, certainly not with the Gallys or Eller.
I think this trade was made with a bigger picture in mind. Habs must think that this money can be better used elsewhere. Ryder will score some goals and do his thing, but I really believe he is nothing more than a rental.

At the core, this deal got rid of 2 years worth of salary, and brought in a 3rd round pick.

When the games get tighter and the intensity ramps up, I think I'd rather take my chances with Cole, than ryder... but like I said, I think there's a bigger picture in mind here, that goes beyond just this season.

MB got a bargain on subban, cole's salary is off the books. Gomez was bought out, and I speculate that kaberle could also be bought out after this year. All of a sudden, your cap situation is pretty flexible, even wit the cap going down. You can afford to give subban big money on his next deal, and explore the market with enough cash to be competitive for anyone, or take on salary for a potential trade that could work in your favor.

Last edited by Hackett: 03-01-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote