View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 04:57 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
They probably signed alderson because (barring legal status) they expect cousins to play for the phantoms next season and they assume it'd be nice for hi to have a friend from juniors with him to perhaps help his comfort level/development.
I think you're reading too much into it. This signing has little to do with making Cousins feel more comfortable or where he'll play next year. While following Cousins' progress they obviously saw Alderson play a lot and liked his potential enough to sign him and hope his development curve is on the way up. They sign an overager every year. I was watching some Soo highlights a couple weeks ago to catch any glimpse of Cousins as I could and I couldn't help but wonder who this Alderson guy was- scored a hattrick. Funny how that turned out. Can't really complain about signing big guys who can skate and have gotten better (if only incrementally) each season.

Also notice they didn't rush to sign Suellentrop. Everyone always pencils him in as a signee, but I think he's this year's Ranford.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote