View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 06:18 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Exactly this. Hasn't happened recently because price hasn't needed to bail us out. This is no longer a team that needs to rely on him to win every game.
Yeah but he also didn't play very well in the NYI loss and the Ottawa loss. Two games where we outplayed the opponent and played sound defensive hockey. Two games we should have won.

Price has been protected really well this season. The team has played GREAT defense in front of him. We have 3rd fewest shots/game. There are 2-3 games that we lost despite outplaying the opponent. I'd expect Price to win those games where we outplay the opponent and play sound defensive hockey. Right now, any goalie (EDIT: any legit NHL starters) would have the type of record he has. He has not been exceptional. The team has played great in front of him.

I'm sure everyone will claim that I hate Price so I can't admit he's been good, but why can I admit he was great in 2010-11 if that's the case ? I just think Price has been solid, above average but not one of the very best, as usual.

Last edited by One Less Louise: 03-01-2013 at 06:25 PM.
One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote