View Single Post
03-01-2013, 05:30 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Personally, I think the answer is to trade Couturier for a #1 defenseman or a potential #1 scoring winger and then to let Laughton assume the #3C role. Would lead to a more balanced lineup IMO.

I don't think Couturier will ever fully realize his offensive potential here on our 3rd line playing the hard minutes against opposing stars. And I think Laughton has the same type of defensive ability. Couturier belongs as a big-minutes #2C somewhere and he's not going to get that shot here IMO.
I really love couturier but I would THINK about it if I were homer, depending on what young defenseman you could get for him.

Let's say you trade Couturier for Tyler Meyers, I'd draft Anthony Mantha with our 1st, because i really think hes a guy who can step into an nhl club immediately and be fine. then buyout Briere and sign perry...

But honestly, I think you need guys like couturier to win. I think he can be an elite shut down C in the nhl, and I think Laughton is going to be a good player, but I think couturier is better. I'd rather trade something like Laughton+ for Runblad or Gormley and then draft either another defenseman or a winger this year.